Teachers for Nordic International School in Karlstad, Nordic International School Karlstad
Nordic International School will be starting its second school in Sweden in the autumn of 2017.
The school will be located within the Orrholmen in Karlstad.
We are looking for both experienced and newly qualified teachers who are willing to take on the challenging task of building up an international school from the ground up. Our vision is a modern school based on high academic expectations, structure and order and teaching with roots in modern educational research.
Nordic International School will be an international school of the highest educational quality for years 4-9. It will follow the Swedish curriculum, however certain parts of the education will be taught in English led by staff with English as their native language. Teaching will be based on the international educational platform IMYC and our school will be a part of an international network of schools. Read more about the school at www.nordicinternational.se.
Nordic International School is a part of Fria Läroverken in Sweden which is a group of schools consisting of seven upper secondary schools (Fria Läroverken), one elementary school (Kronoberg Skola), one remedial education school (Karmfalkska) and one elementary school in Norrköping, Nordic International School.
We are hiring qualified teachers in the following subjects:
- Home economics
- Physical education
- Modern languages
- Science subjects
- Social study subjects
Requirements of the job
As a teacher you are responsible for:
- the teaching and education of students within your area of responsibility
- the educational planning and documentation of the above
- developing educational material
- initiating new ideas and angles of approach regarding classroom activity
- participating in educational discussions
- contributing to a positive working environment in regards to both the physical and social atmosphere and well-being of the school
- cooperating and working together with your colleagues in planning joint educational goals
- leading or participating in joint developmental projects
- you should preferably be bilingual with English or Swedish as your native language
- you are a qualified teacher within the subject/subjects you are applying for a position within
- you have solid skills, competencies and abilities within teaching and classroom work
- you should possess strong skills in developing teaching methods and accordingly improving students? knowledge
- if you are an experienced teacher you should have a proven record of improving students? academic results and have a strong interest in developing your teaching methods
- you should be able to adopt Nordic International School?s concept in a relatively short period of time
- International experience is of merit
We place great emphasis on your personal qualities which we describe below:
- You should be able to work together and cooperate in a team as a lot of your work will impact on others. Development will occur with colleagues within your school but also in time with additional schools within Nordic International.
- You should possess solid skills in communicating with both students, parents and colleagues.
- You should have a genuine interest and passion for developing teaching methods with the goal of increasing student results and satisfaction.
- You need to have the ability to deal with and adapt to change as a result of the school and organisation being newly started.
- You should have the ability to take initiative as your task involves in part developing a new organisation.
Terms and conditions
We have a collective agreement and apply ?FERIETJÄNST? for teaching staff according to local agreements and SEMESTERTJÄNST for support staff.
We offer a competitive salary.
A criminal record check is obligatory.
The start date is negotiable however at the latest 1st August 2018.
Interviews will start immediately and the appointment may be filled before the application time is over.
If you have questions please contact, preferably on e-mail:
HR-manager, Pär Sigvardsson: par.sigvardsson@nordicinternational .se, +46 737-500 179
Please note that we currently have an agreement with a recruitment company and will therefore not be accepting contact with other recruitment companies at this time.